Commissioning is a quality control process from the earliest stages of the design process through occupancy of the building. Conventional construction practices do not include a conception-to-post-occupancy oversight that ensures you get the building you want.
The commissioning agent works on behalf of the owner and his only objective is to ensure the owner’s interests are incorporated into the new facility through oversight of all activities including:
- Architectural / Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing Design
- Material Selection
- Performance Testing
Commercial buildings require agents with expertise in design, construction, project management, performance testing, and facilitating processes.
Energy retrofit, retrocommissioning and LEED commissioning projects include:
- River Architects, La Crosse, WI, LEED Certified
- Gundersen Clinic, La Crescent, MN, LEED Silver Certified
- Caledonia High School, Caledonia, MN, ENERGY STAR for Commercial Buildings
- Ottumwa Clinic, Ottumwa, IA, Energy Retrofit
- Burlington Public Library, Burlington, IA, Retrocommissioning
- Pearson Education, Cedar Rapids, IA, Humidification System Replacement